Sunday, May 22, 2016

JGE 82 – FBS Up Net 9 Points – Pizza in a Bowl

Good Day,

I haven’t posted anything to any of my blogs these past couple of days due to a misfortune and tragedy in the family.
“A stagecoach passed by on the road and went on;
And the road didn’t become more beautiful or even more ugly.
That’s human action on the outside world.
We take nothing away and we put nothing back, we pass by and we forget;
And the sun is always punctual every day.”
Alberto Caeiro, The Keeper of Sheep

Last night I wanted something to cook as quickly as I could. And I did not want to order out or go out. I decided upon Pizza in a Mug.

This morning I recorded a net increase of 9 to 117 mg/dL to my early morning blood sugar count.

I found Gemma’s Mug Pizza.

And of course I had to substitute a number of items.

I didn’t have All Purpose Flour. I substituted Bread Flour
I didn’t have Milk. I substituted Half & Half.
I didn’t have Marinara Sauce. I substituted Sofrito.
I didn’t have Mozzarella Cheese. I substituted a mixture of 5 Italian Shredded Cheeses.
I didn’t have Mini Pepperoni. I substituted sliced Ham.

And I doubled the size of the recipe.



Not bad. Tasted more like a Biscuit with sort-of Pizza Topping. Carb count ≈ 54 grams.

And of course I had Blue Bunny Cherry Pickin’ Chocolate with 2 cookies. Carbs ≈ 68 grams.

Total carbohydrate count last night approximates 122 grams.

Results –

FSB – 117 ↑ up 108 (Normal range 100 – 125 mg/dL)
A1c – 5.36 ≡ 5.36 (Normal range 5.7 – 6.4 %)
eAG – 107.2 ↑ up 107.0 (Normal range 117 – 137 mg/dL)

Tune in tomorrow to Jim’s Gotta Eat to see the comparison of the results...and the set up a new Supper Showdown.

Food for thought - I am trying to control my diabetes with exercise and food. I have eliminated all diabetes medication. I am keeping my weight stable, and Jim's gotta eat.

Enjoy.

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment