Monday, May 23, 2016

JGE 83 – FBS Decrease 9 Points – Spicy Italian Sausage, Peas, and Rigatoni

Good Day,

This morning I recorded a decrease of 9 to 108 mg/dL to my early morning blood sugar count.

Last night’s supper, great recipe – Spicy Italian Sausage, Peas and Rigatoni.



I am always looking for a simple and quick recipe. This was it. I found this one at Allrecipes – Pasta with Peas and Sausage.  And yes that above image was taken last evening in my kitchen.

Spicy Italian Sausage. Carb count ≈ 4 grams.

Green peas. Carbs ≈ 10 grams.

Rigatoni pasta. Carbs ≈ 43 grams.

And of course, Blue Bunny Cherry Pickin’ Chocolate Ice Cream. Carbs ≈ 42 grams.



Total carbohydrate count last night approximates 99 grams.

Results –

FSB – 108 ↓ down 117 (Normal range 100 – 125 mg/dL)
A1c – 5.36 ≡ 5.36 (Normal range 5.7 – 6.4 %)
eAG – 107.2 ≡ 107.2 (Normal range 117 – 137 mg/dL)

Tune in tomorrow to Jim’s Gotta Eat to see the comparison of the results...and the set up a new Supper Showdown.

Food for thought - I am trying to control my diabetes with exercise and food. I have eliminated all diabetes medication. I am keeping my weight stable, and Jim's gotta eat.

Enjoy.

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment