Wednesday, May 25, 2016

JGE 85 – FBS Decrease 14 Points – Happy Fish Tampa

Good Day,

This morning I recorded a decrease of 14 to 112 mg/dL to my early morning blood sugar count. Whew! Thank you Happy Fish Tampa.

Last night I was leary of what I should eat for my Supper Showdown to help reduce my blood sugar from the day before. And I didn’t want to eat rabbit food or starve myself. I wanted a good, reasonable seafood meal, and I did not want to cook or spend an arm and a leg.

I found, according to Yelp’s rating, the number 1 ranked seafood restaurant in Tampa, Happy Fish. It is listed as and cites itself as an “Authentic Peruvian Cuisine” and a “Peruvian Fusion”. Well I am definitely glad I found it.

The service was very, very, very good. Period. And the menu choices were good, obviously. I didn’t overeat but could easily have.

My early blood sugar recorded a decrease of 14 points, and I am back in the normal range at 112 ms/dL. Thank you Happy Fish.

I shared Ceviche Mixto. Carb count ≈ 25 grams.



I shared Lomo Saltado. Carb count ≈ 42 grams.

I shared Chaufa Especial con Pollo. Carb count ≈ 49 grams.

I had 2 of 5 Picarones. Carbs ≈ 91 grams.



Total carbohydrate count last night approximates 207 grams.

Results –

FSB – 112 ↓ down 126 (Normal range 100 – 125 mg/dL)
A1c – 5.37 ≡ 5.37 (Normal range 5.7 – 6.4 %)
eAG – 107.3 ↓ down 107.5 (Normal range 117 – 137 mg/dL)

Tune in tomorrow to Jim’s Gotta Eat to see the comparison of the results...and the set up a new Supper Showdown.

Food for thought – Manage the amount of food that I eat. Do not over eat because my eyes see good food.

I am trying to control my diabetes with exercise and food. I have eliminated all diabetes medication. I am keeping my weight stable, and Jim's gotta eat.

Enjoy.

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment