Monday, November 7, 2016

JGE 110 - Japanese Beef Curry

Good Day,

Last night I tried something completely new and very, very different. I cooked and ate Japanese Beef Curry.



What you see is the completed dish, the Japanese Beef Curry on top of Jasmine Rice all topped with broiled Mozzarella Cheese.

I discovered the recipe, completely by chance at the site Pressure Cook Recipes.

Was this good? Is the sky blue?

Easy to make with few ingredients but it does take about 3+ hours to prepare.

Ingredients were quite simple, and I adjusted a bit for two of us -

1 pound Beef Chuck Tender steak
6+ medium Garlic cloves, chopped
3/4 cup unsalted Chicken Broth
2 Golden Curry roux cubes
1 tbsp Soy Sauce

1 1/2 pounds Yellow Onions, thinly sliced
3 tbsps unsalted Butter
Kosher Salte and ground Black Pepper

1 cup Jasmine Rice
1 1/2 cups Water

Mozzarella Cheese, grated for topping

I will say that the preparation did take some time, especially the mise-en-place and the cooking of the ingredients, the onions. I followed the well thought-out instructions at Pressure Cook Recipes...and I used my Instant Pot.

Here are some images, and I'm not creating a cookbook, just some quick shots with my iPhone.




Supper was terrific.

My blood sugar did go up 7 points this morning to 116 mg/dL, and if I had eaten anymore I am sure that my FBS would have gone up a couple more ticks.

Right, I used my Instant Pot.

Jim's gotta eat. Be healthy,

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment