Saturday, January 18, 2014

JGE 20 – Malaysian Chicken Curry – My Twist

Good Day,

I really had a hankering for some sort of curried chicken dish last night. I had some thawed out chicken breast and also some thighs just staring at me on the third shelf in the refrigerator.

I sometimes check Rasa Malaysia – Easy Asian Recipes website for ideas. I recently came across one which appears to have just been posted. And I really do like this site.

And of course I tweaked the list of ingredients and their quantities somewhat based on what I had in my kitchen: Onion, Oil, Yellow Curry Powder and Red Curry Paste, Chicken – boneless breast and thigh, Chicken Broth, Potatoes, Hard-boiled Eggs, Coconut Milk and Salt.


I fried the chopped onions in the oil and then added the curries. Next I threw in the cut up chicken. I used boneless and skinless. After a couple of minutes I added the chicken broth and brought the mixture to a boil. I then reduced the combination to simmer and added the potatoes and the hard boiled eggs. Yes and in this case the chicken went first.

I set the timer and took The Pack for a walk. We try to walk a mile every early evening. Usually takes somewhere between 20 and 30 minutes.

I added the coconut milk. I heated up some leftover rice and put everything into a bowl.


Excellent. And so simple.

Be healthy and enjoy,

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment