Wednesday, January 29, 2014

JGE 21 – Supper Tonight – Spicy Chicken, Sautéed Bok Choy with Mushrooms, Steamed Rice, and Banana Cake

Good Day,

Well guess what? Jim's gotta eat.

I was feeling extremely “chef-analogous”. And today, as it is getting colder in this State of endless sunshine, I noticed that the bananas on one of bunches that I had cut were getting ripe. I immediately thought Banana Cake. Forget the bread I wanted cake. Let me eat cake.


I discovered a recipe, a very simple one on a search of the Internet. Simple with a limited amount of ingredients: Bananas, of course, Eggs, Sugar, Butter, Baking Powder, Flour… and I added some Vanilla Extract. Mixed then 55 minutes in a 350° F oven. Damn, it is a good looking Bundt cake, from scratch.


My entrée, Spicy Chicken with Peanuts. Ingredients: Oil, Garlic, Shallots, Green Chilies, Dry-Roasted Peanuts, Chicken, and Green Onion. Sauce: Soya Sauce – Sweet and Regular, Fish Sauce, Sugar, and Water. Mise-en-place and then prepped my wok.


Side of Sautéed Bok Choy with Mushrooms. Ingredients: Baby Bok Choy, Oyster and White Mushrooms, Green Onions, Garlic, Red Pepper Flakes, Salt and Pepper, Oil, Coconut Milk.


Tandem woks.


Dueling woks. Ambidextrous.



Entrée and side served over steamed white rice.




Dessert – Homemade Banana Cake with Strawberry Sauce and Coffee.


I am satiated, and here's three for one.

Be healthy and enjoy,

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment