Saturday, June 21, 2014

JGE 22 - Scotch Bonnet Relish - Hot!!!

Good Day,

Well yesterday I completed the second harvest of my Scotch Bonnet pepper plants. Thank you very much J and B. To date I have harvested about four dozen peppers.


A new batch of Red Scotch Bonnet Relish has been concocted.

Scotch Bonnets (about 2 dozen), 2 large cloves of garlic, I red onion, 1 yellow onion, 1 tablespoon of salt, 1 tablespoon of sugar, ½ cup of vinegar. All blended in my food processor…and my lips are burning. The purple red of the red onion created the orange color.


An earlier batch, Yellow Scotch Bonnet Relish, was brewed with about 2 dozen Scotch Bonnets, 1 yellow onion, 1 tablespoon of salt, 1 tablespoon of vinegar and ½ cup of vinegar.

There’s something about the Scotch Bonnets that just make the relishes so, so good.

Scotch Bonnets are hot. They have a heat rating of 100,000-350,000 Scoville Units. In comparison most JalapeƱo peppers range somewhere between 2,500 and 8,000.

It looks like there is going to be another harvest in the next couple of weeks.



Guess I am gonna lead-line my stomach. But the relish is so good. Really good!

Jim's gotta eat.

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment