Tuesday, July 5, 2016

JGE 105 – Supper Showdown – Kakavia +++

Good Day,

My 4th of July meals were a celebration of foods from all over the place and the world.

This morning’s blood sugar count showed a net zero change from my last posting 2 days ago. And the early morning FSB recorded at 100 mg/dL. It actually increased by 2 points as compared to yesterday.

Lunch – Poutine, Cuban, and Yuca Fries and a beer at Cigar City BrewPub.

Supper last night was my, throw in the pot, Kakavia.



Another Greek name is Psarosoupa, but I found it easier to pronounce Kakavia. Another name/version might be a Bouillabaisse; also Cioppino; bottom line – a Seafood Stew.

My guide recipe was from the site Kalofagas | Greek Food & Beyond.

My ingredients included: Onion, Garlic, Celery, Carrot, Potatoes, Spanish Olive Oil, Jamaican All-Spice, Black Peppercorns, Salt with Fennel and Garlic, Star Anise, Bay Leaves, Saffron, Dry White Wine, Chicken Stock, Tomatoes, Cilantro, and Lemons. The seafood ingredients included: Cobia, Cod, Shrimp, Mussels, and Clams.




And my dessert was a slice of Whole Foods’ Apple Pie with a slice of Irish Cheddar Cheese

And my approximate carbohydrate tally for lunch and supper-

Poutine ≈ 53.0 grams
Cuban ≈ 56.0 grams
Yucca Fries ≈ 58.0 grams
Beer ≈ 38.0 grams
Kakavia ≈ 10.0 grams
Slice of White Whole Wheat Flax Bread ≈ 14.8 grams
Apple Pie ≈ 47.0 grams
Irish Cheddar Cheese ≈ 1.0 grams

My unscientific and approximate total ≈ 277.8 grams

This morning’s results –

FSB – 100 ↑ up 98 (Normal range 100 – 125 mg/dL)
A1c – 5.35 ≈ 5.35 (Normal range 5.7 – 6.4 %)
eAG – 106.8 ↓ down 106.8 (Normal range 117 – 137 mg/dL)

Tune in tomorrow to Jim’s Gotta Eat to see the comparison of the results...and the set up a new Supper Showdown.

Food for thought – Try not to eat too late in the evening. Manage the amount of food that I eat. Do not over eat because my eyes see good food.

Yesterday I began my new exercise routine on a new Jim’s Trek Part V.

I am trying to control my diabetes with exercise and food. I have eliminated all diabetes medication. I am keeping my weight stable, and Jim's gotta eat.

Enjoy.

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment