Monday, July 11, 2016

JGE 106 – Supper Showdown – Grilled Basque Wings

Good Day,

And I had a craving for Grilled Basque Wings.



This morning’s blood sugar count showed a net change of 2 points from my last posting July 5th. And the early morning FSB recorded at 98 mg/dL. It actually decreased by 10 points for the day before.

Supper was a tall order of Gilled Basque Wings and a Grilled Potato and Onion Salad. And I had a Shock Top Belgian White and of course a couple scoops of ice cream.



What I like about these chicken wings is that they are grilled plain on the bar-b-que and then dunked after into the sauce.

From the book on my shelf: I used the recipe for Grilled Basque Wings - Thrill of the Grill by Chris Schlesinger & John Willoughby the ingredients included, as I changed them: Garlic; Lemon Juice; Olive Oil; Habanero; Fresh Oregano; Salt and Pepper; and Chicken Wings.



And from The Joy of Grilling by Joe Famularo I followed, sort-of, the recipe for Grilled Potato and Grilled Onion Salad. My ingredients: Potatoes; Olive Oil, Onions; Vinegar; Lemon Juice; Green Onions; Fresh Thyme; Salt and Pepper.




And my approximate carbohydrate tally for supper-

Grilled Basque Wings ≈ 0.0 grams
Grilled Potato and Onion Salad ≈ 25.0 grams
Shock Top Belgian White Beer ≈ 15.0 grams
Ice Cream ≈ 40.0 grams

My unscientific and approximate total ≈ 80.0 grams

This morning’s results –

FSB – 98 ↓ down 108 (Normal range 100 – 125 mg/dL)
A1c – 5.37 ≈ 5.37 (Normal range 5.7 – 6.4 %)
eAG – 107.4 ↓ down 107.5 (Normal range 117 – 137 mg/dL)

Tune in tomorrow to Jim’s Gotta Eat to see the comparison of the results...and the set up a new Supper Showdown.

Food for thought – Try not to eat too late in the evening. Manage the amount of food that I eat. Do not over eat because my eyes see good food.

I am trying to control my diabetes with exercise and food. I have eliminated all diabetes medication. I am keeping my weight stable, and Jim's gotta eat.

Enjoy.

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment