Tuesday, May 12, 2015

JGE 36 - Thai Chicken Curry - A Quick Method

Good Day,

By now you've probably got the impression that I like food.

Hell yes, I do. Period. It's a wonder that I could eat all day. And if I didn't cycle daily, (for you neophytes to Jim's Gotta Eat that's the Jim's Trek part), I probably would be a major CP. (Oh yeah Couch Potato). And more than likely I would have to use some sort of hoist to get me out of my chair.


I love to cook but I like fresh air. Let me explain.

I keep the house open most days. In Tampa around 4 o'clock, and the with the house and doors wide open there seems to be some sort of atmospheric heating. Yes it seems that with the beginning of the setting sun, this house just begins to get warmer and warmer. The heat and the growing humidity just does not make me feel like prepping and food or even cooking.  (Praise be that I have a pool just outside my kitchen.)

And this is where I find that if I can prepare a meal in 30 minutes with the minimal amount of effort the better. Restaurants, take-outs, frozen dishes are fine, but I do like a meal made from scratch. Hell Jim's Gotta Eat.

Don't get me wrong, I do eat out and/or order in at a somewhat considerable basis, but I do prefer to make for myself...and anyone else who's willing to sit down with me.

And this is where I may then check what's in my refrigerator. I also check and scope out my pantry regularly.

Last night - leftover grilled chicken, of the KFC species,  just sitting on a shelf in the fridge. A red and a white onion. Half a red bell pepper. Can of coconut milk in the pantry. Open jar of Panang Curry Paste. Fresh green beans and a couple of Cubanelle peppers from Urban Oasis. Dried red chilies.

Rice, the steamer, water and some sesame oil.

Mise en place. Wok on the stove. Total time 30 minutes -


Ta-da. Thai Shredded-Chicken Curry on Steamed Rice.


Jim's Gotta Eat.

Enjoy,

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment