Tuesday, September 17, 2013

JGE 7 - Classic Italian Salad Reconstructed

Good Day,

How many times have I ordered a salad from a restaurant take out and I get home and have a ton of it leftover? And the majority of the times that salad always contains more rabbit food, i.e., lettuce, than I want to eat... And then I think that I could have gone to the store and bought one of those torn up lettuces in a bag things. Eco friendly, I am not.

Well I did take out, and it was supposed to be a classic Italian salad.  Now don't get me wrong. The salad and all the ingredients were fresh, and I really do like this restaurant and their pizza, especially their Baked Cauliflower Pizza, and chicken wings, and other stuff on the menu...but the amount of lettuce? I know I have The Pack which is comprised of canines.  I do not have a leporine Pack.

And I checked my kitchen as to what I may have just to "enhance" the classic Italian salad...and make it more classic.


There was some shrimp in the freezer. I figured that a quick steam bath of Old Bay Seasoning, water, vinegar, salt would prepare the shrimp. And on the butcher block I found a red onion and Kalamata olives in the fridge. I also added some extra chickpeas.


The salad dressing was provided, but I thought a wee bit more olive oil and some red wine vinegar.



And I ate my leftover greens. Double helping equalled a great supper.

Be healthy and enjoy,

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment