Monday, February 9, 2015

JGE 28 - Salad, Fried Flounder, and Roasted Vegetables

Good Day,

My blood sugar count dropped 20 points to 101 this morning. Supper last night was a fresh Salad, fried Flounder with baked Cauliflower, Japanese Sweet Potatoes, Carrots, and Turnips.

My ingredients included -


Assorted Lettuce, Shallots, Red Bell Pepper, Olive Oil, Vinegar, Salt and Pepper.

Flounder, Egg, Flour, Butter, Olive Oil, Salt and Pepper.


Cauliflower, Japanese Sweet Potatoes, Carrots, and Turnips, Truffle-infused Oil, Salt and Pepper


I used some Truffle-infused oil on the vegetables. They were great, but could someone please tell me whether I am missing something, or I really do not have a truffle-sensitive palate. I keep hearing and reading the stories about truffles but I certainly cannot cite an “extraordinary” difference. I must be gauche. Period.

Oh yeah, the majority of the fresh vegetables and produce were from Urban Oasis on West Linebaugh.


Did I mention that I will not ever be ordering take-out from China One on North Dale Mabry Highway again? Not complaining about the service, just about the food. It certainly cannot even hold a candle to an authentic American Chinese food preparation. Best two Chinese restaurants in the area, in my opinion and near my home, Yummy’s on Waters and Hillsborough and Hong Kong House on Fowler.

Enjoy and Jim's Gotta Eat.

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment