Monday, February 2, 2015

JGE 26 – Snow Crab and Shrimp Boil

Good Day,

Publix had Snow Crab Legs on special…and I, well you know me, I just got a craving for a crab boil. Oh did I tell you that I do a lot of the grocery shopping at Publix.


Oh yeah, Publix was ranked by The Daily Meal  as the 4th best supermarket chain in the country, based on national survey data this January 2015. (Number 1 was Trader Joe’s, Whole Foods number 2, and Costco 3.) Nice to know that I can, if I had to, walk to both Publix and Whole Foods.

My ingredients – Snow Crab Legs, Shrimp, Corn, Onion, Red Bliss Potatoes, Chicken Andouille Sausage, Old Bay Seasoning, Beer, Butter.


With everything in place; I think the phrase is “Ingrédients mis en place”, I began the boil. Water, Beer and a fair amount, about 1/3 of a cup of Old Bay Seasoning. Once the brew was boiling I added the Chicken Andouille Sausage, the Red Bliss Potatoes, the chopped Onion, and the Corn. I turned the burner down to about medium and let everything cook for about 15 +/- minutes until the potatoes were done to my liking. Of course, I had to taste.


Next I put in the Snow Crab legs and the frozen Shrimp. I turned the stove burner down to low, covered the pot, and melted the Butter in the microwave.


Damn was supper good.



Oh yeah. I had a Chocolate Cream Cheese Brownie for dessert. And my blood sugar count this morning dropped by 8 points to 96.

You know that Jim’s gotta eat…and I did.

Oh tonight, I think I am gonna try and make Bubble and Squeak.

Enjoy,

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment