Friday, February 6, 2015

JGE 27 – Garlicky Chicken Pasta

Good Day,

I was not in the mood to cook tonight, even though I knew that I should. I was not in the mood to go to a restaurant. My brain battled and settled. I opted to cook something quick, simple and easy.

Today I picked up my fresh produce from Urban Oasis. Included as a part of the pickup was a bunch of Arugula. In my freezer was half-a-pound of ground chicken. So looking for the one-plus-one answer, I entered the words “chicken” and “arugula” into Google search.


I immediately spotted a link to Chatelaine.com for a recipe of “Garlicky chicken pasta”.  I clicked the linked and read the ingredients. Well… A simple list, but I had no linguine or orecchiette pasta, no garlic butter, no boneless chicken breasts, no cherry tomatoes. I did have three of the seven ingredients – arugula, salt, and pepper.

I substituted Rigatoni for the pasta.


I decided to chop some fresh garlic and add it to butter. The chicken I had was ground. And there were whole vine-ripe tomatoes in the kitchen. I diced one tomato.


And yes I proceeded to create my version of Garlicky Chicken Pasta.


A great, simple, quick, easy dinner. Hell, Jim’s Gotta Eat.


Enjoy,

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment