Wednesday, February 11, 2015

JGE 30 – Cabbage Sausage Plus Boil/Soup/Stew

Good Day,

Hungry and needed something that would warm me up on a frigid Tampa, Florida nights.

Checked the refrigerator, checked, and thought - Cabbage and Sausage.



And I gathered up my ingredients –

Cabbage, Sausage, Potatoes, Carrots, Onion, Garlic, Beef Broth, Mesquite Seasoning, Water, Salt and Pepper.

I prepared everything and started layering all the ingredients into a large pot. I poured over the beef broth and water, added the seasonings and then turned on the burner to high.


Just before the brew started boiling I turned the heat down to low and covered the pot. I set the timer for 40 minutes and then took the dogs out for their evening walk.

I came back in about 30 minutes and then had an immediate for craving for Red Lobster Cheddar Cheese Biscuits. Of course, thanks JH, there were a mix box in my pantry. Took me a couple of minutes to prepare the biscuits and then throw them into the pre-heated oven.  I brushed all the biscuits with some melted butter.


Supper was served. Cabbage, Sausage, Potato, Carrot, Onion boil and my modified Red Lobster Cheese Biscuits …




And Jim's gotta eat.

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment