Tuesday, June 21, 2016

JGE 100 – FBS No Net Change in 8 Days – Picadillo and Yellow Rice

Good Day,

Today my early morning blood sugar count, as compared to 8 days ago, has remained at 102 mg/dL. Both my A1c and my eAG increased 0.01 and 0.2, respectively. Supper last night was my version of Picadillo and Yellow Rice.




And of course, I couldn’t stop eating chocolates.

The Picadillo recipe I followed was from Sam Sifton’s write-up and recipe in The New York Times. I basically had and was able to match all the ingredients. The major change was that I didn’t have any dried Chorizo. I substituted Andouille Sausage.



There are many, many recipes, about 2.1 million hits, online for Yellow Rice. And I learnt something about Sazón Goya; you know those little boxes that can be found in the spice aisle at the supermarket. There appears to be at least three varieties of Sazón Goya:

1. Con Culantro y Achiote – Coriander & Annatto
2. Con Azafrán – Saffron, and
3. Con Cilantro Y Tomate – Cilantro & Tomato

I used the Coriander & Annatto variety.



And my approximate carbohydrates tally -

12 ozs Picadillo ≈ 15.6 grams

1 cup of Yellow Rice ≈ 33 grams

Total carbohydrate count, not including the Godiva chocolates, was about 48.6 grams.

This morning’s results –

FSB – 102 ≡ 102 (Normal range 100 – 125 mg/dL)
A1c – 5.37 ↑ up 5.36 (Normal range 5.7 – 6.4 %)
eAG – 107.4 ↑ up 107.2 (Normal range 117 – 137 mg/dL)

Tune in tomorrow to Jim’s Gotta Eat to see the comparison of the results...and the set up a new Supper Showdown.

Food for thought – Try not to eat too late in the evening. Manage the amount of food that I eat. Do not over eat because my eyes see good food.

I am trying to control my diabetes with exercise and food. I have eliminated all diabetes medication. I am keeping my weight stable, and Jim's gotta eat.

Enjoy.

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment