Monday, June 13, 2016

JGE 99 – FBS Net Decrease 4 Points – Chopped Enchiladas

Good Day,

Today my early morning blood sugar count dropped another 5 points to 102 mg/dL. From my last comparison 3 days ago that is a net decrease from 106 mg/dL. And last night’s supper fare was my version of Chopped Enchiladas.



I sort of followed Tyler Florence’s Chicken Enchiladas recipe, found at FoodNetwork.com with a few twisted variations. http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/tyler-florence/chicken-enchiladas-recipe.html

My ingredients – Market Pantry Green Enchilada Sauce and Flour Tortillas; Black Bean Dip; Kraft 5 Italian Shredded Cheese (there was no Cheddar Cheese in the house); Onions; and Leftovers which included: Publix Rotisserie Chicken; Bob Evans Stuffing and Hash Browns.







2 Homemade Chopped Enchiladas ≈ 52.4 grams

This morning’s results –

FSB – 102 ↓ down 107 (Normal range 100 – 125 mg/dL)
A1c – 5.36 ≡ 5.36 (Normal range 5.7 – 6.4 %)
eAG – 107.2 ≡ 107.2 (Normal range 117 – 137 mg/dL)

Tune in tomorrow to Jim’s Gotta Eat to see the comparison of the results...and the set up a new Supper Showdown.

Food for thought – Try not to eat too late in the evening. Manage the amount of food that I eat. Do not over eat because my eyes see good food.

I am trying to control my diabetes with exercise and food. I have eliminated all diabetes medication. I am keeping my weight stable, and Jim's gotta eat.

Enjoy.

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment