Tuesday, June 7, 2016

JGE 95 – FBS Decreases 26 Points – Chicken Tikka Masala

Good Day,

Well this is the best decrease in my Supper Showdown thus far. My early morning blood sugar count dropped and registered 26 points down to 90 mg/dL.



Last night’s supper was a first attempt at Aarti Sequeira’s Chicken Tikka Masala, with a couple of my own twists. The twists were very, very minor. I didn’t have, with I thought I did, any tomato paste, and so I substituted Tomato Sofrito. Also instead of grilling, in the downpour of Tropical Storm Colin, I broiled the marinated Chicken thigh chunks.

Supper included –

Chicken Tikka Masala. Carb count ≈ 41 grams.

Basmati Rice. Carb count ≈ 40 grams.

Total carb count, somewhere in the vicinity of 81 grams.

Results –

FSB – 90 ↓ down 116 (Normal range 100 – 125 mg/dL)
A1c – 5.37 ≡ 5.37 (Normal range 5.7 – 6.4 %)
eAG – 107.3 ↓ down 107.4 (Normal range 117 – 137 mg/dL)

Oh yeah, this Chicken Tikka Masala was loaded with garlic and ginger, and some Thai chilies from the garden. It was a great supper for dealing with a harsh sinus infection. It helped to relieve some of the pressure, or so I was told.


Tune in tomorrow to Jim’s Gotta Eat to see the comparison of the results...and the set up a new Supper Showdown.

Food for thought – Try not to eat too late in the evening. Manage the amount of food that I eat. Do not over eat because my eyes see good food.

I am trying to control my diabetes with exercise and food. I have eliminated all diabetes medication. I am keeping my weight stable, and Jim's gotta eat.

Enjoy.

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment