Saturday, June 4, 2016

JGE 94 – FBS Net Decrease 17 Points – Frozen Leftovers

Good Day,

My early morning fasting blood sugar count has decreased a total of 17 points over these past 2 days. I recorded 99 mg/dL.

And I did not have any late night caffeine. I nixed the late night coffee and it appears that that may have to, in my truly unscientific analysis, been the cause of my 2 days’ hits and increases in my early morning sugar.

Last night for supper I decided that I would clean out those half-opened packages of frozen things sitting in the freezers. Supper included –



Vegetable Samosas. Carb count ≈ 56 grams.







Pork & Shrimp Egg Rolls. Carb count ≈ 48 grams.




Waffle Fries. Carb count ≈ 45 grams.



Iceberg Salad with Blueberry Balsamic Vinegar Dressing. Carb count ≈ 6 grams.

Yes I had a couple of scoops of Breyers Samoas ice cream. Carb count ≈ 34 grams.

This was a desperation supper.  I was desperate to eat, and I did not feel like spending anytime preparing and cooking anything.

Total carb count, somewhere in the vicinity of 189 grams.

Results –

FSB – 99 ↓ down 116 (Normal range 100 – 125 mg/dL)
A1c – 5.37 ≡ 5.37 (Normal range 5.7 – 6.4 %)
eAG – 107.3 ↓ down 107.4 (Normal range 117 – 137 mg/dL)


Tune in tomorrow to Jim’s Gotta Eat to see the comparison of the results...and the set up a new Supper Showdown.

Food for thought – Try not to eat too late in the evening. Manage the amount of food that I eat. Do not over eat because my eyes see good food.

I am trying to control my diabetes with exercise and food. I have eliminated all diabetes medication. I am keeping my weight stable, and Jim's gotta eat.

Enjoy.

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment