Thursday, June 9, 2016

JGE 97 – FBS Decreases 6 Points – Ravioli Lasgna, A Wee Bit Salty

Good Day,

This time I decided I had to have something quick and homemade for my Supper Showdown. This dish is sort of homemade, as I put everything together and I cooked the concoction.

My early morning blood sugar count decreased 6 points down to 97 mg/dL.



A quick creation – Ravioli Lasgna, recipe borrowed from Taste of Home


Ingredients I used – Publix Ground Mild Italian Sausage, Onion, Olive Oil, Publix Premium Olive Oil and Garlic Pasta Sauce, Publix Italian Seasoning, Buitoni Fresh 3-Cheese Spinach Ravioli  and Sargento Shredded Mozzarella Cheese.




And I think you’ve guessed where I shop?  Sort of regularly.




This one was a quick and very, very, very easy put together.

Only one negative comment about this supper, (and I added about ½ teaspoon of salt (1,200 mg Sodium)), was that it tasted too salty for my liking. My guess: there may have been a slight excess of salt in the Publix pasta sauce (380 mg Sodium), the Sargento Mozzarella Cheese (210 mg Sodium) and the Buitoni ravioli (580 mg Sodium).

And NO, I am not tracking my sodium intake. Hell I would be analyzing every food that I eat.  I intend to remark and note on the positives and negatives of the dishes I attempt to create.  This one was a bit too salty for my tastes.

Supper included –

1 serving is about 1 ½ cups Ravioli Lasagna. And I must have had about 2 cups. Carb count ≈ 56 grams.

Total carb count, somewhere in the vicinity of 56 grams.

Results –

FSB – 97 ↓ down 103 (Normal range 100 – 125 mg/dL)
A1c – 5.36 ↓ down 5.37 (Normal range 5.7 – 6.4 %)
eAG – 107.2 ↓ down 107.3 (Normal range 117 – 137 mg/dL)

Tune in tomorrow to Jim’s Gotta Eat to see the comparison of the results...and the set up a new Supper Showdown.

Food for thought – Try not to eat too late in the evening. Manage the amount of food that I eat. Do not over eat because my eyes see good food.

I am trying to control my diabetes with exercise and food. I have eliminated all diabetes medication. I am keeping my weight stable, and Jim's gotta eat.

Enjoy.

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment