Monday, June 27, 2016

JGE 102 – FBS Net Decrease Over 7 Days – Broiled Shrimp, White Beans, Tomatoes and Onion

Good Day,

Today my early morning blood sugar count, as compared to 7 days ago, dropped 1 point to 101 mg/dL. My A1c remained the same and my eAG increased 0.01. As compared to the previous day my FSB increased by 11 points.



Supper last night was my version of Martha Stewart’s Quick Skillet Dinner – Broiled Shrimp with Tomatoes and White Bean

This was a definite “I will do this again, and again, and again” dinner… and it was so, so bloody easy to put together.

I followed the recipe but I did add a couple of extra ingredients to the mix. I included 1 chopped Onion, 1 small Habanero, and some freshly ground Pepper.

And my approximate carbohydrate tallies -

Shrimp ≈ 0.33 grams
Tomato ≈ 2.4 grams
Onion ≈ 5.0 grams
Capers ≈ 0.2 grams
Chicken Broth ≈ 0.35 grams
Habanero ≈ 0.5 grams
White Beans ≈ 7.0 grams
Slice of White Bread (Loaf #138) ≈ 15.0 grams

Total carbohydrate count was about 30.78 grams.



I had to have, (yes I am feeling so much better), 1 cup of Almond Biscotti Ice Cream. Chalk up another 42.0 grams of carbs. And a late night snack, about ½ cup of Blue Corn Chips ≈ 60.0 grams.

Possible total intake last night, somewhere in the vicinity of 133 grams of carbohydrates.

This morning’s results –

FSB – 101 ↑ up 90 (Normal range 100 – 125 mg/dL)
A1c – 5.37 ↓ down 5.38 (Normal range 5.7 – 6.4 %)
eAG – 107.5 ↓ down 107.6 (Normal range 117 – 137 mg/dL)

Tune in tomorrow to Jim’s Gotta Eat to see the comparison of the results...and the set up a new Supper Showdown.

Food for thought – Try not to eat too late in the evening. Manage the amount of food that I eat. Do not over eat because my eyes see good food.

And oh yeah, I am planning to start on a new Jim’s Trek Part V.

I am trying to control my diabetes with exercise and food. I have eliminated all diabetes medication. I am keeping my weight stable, and Jim's gotta eat.

Enjoy.

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment