Tuesday, May 10, 2016

JGE 78 – FBS Down Another 2 Points – Chicken, Broccoli and Soba Noodles

Good Day,

Down another 2 points. Early morning blood sugar count at 112 mg/dL. This is the direction I want it to go, downward.



Supper last night was Stir-Fried Chicken, Broccoli and Soba (Spelt) Noodles. The supper was fabulous and it is something that I would make again…and again, and again. Everything from scratch excepting the Spelt Soba Pasta, which was from Québec, Canada.


It was the amount that I downed. The dish was so good that I ate about 2 helpings. And one helping has about 37 grams of carbs, but the chicken and the broccoli probably was minimal. On the other hand the sauce was made with Soya Sauce, Oyster Sauce, Garlic Ginger, Banana Pepper Sauce, Brown Sugar which approximated 15.9 carbs. 10 grams for the Broccoli and 0 the Chicken Thighs. So my double helping may have targeted around 125.8 grams of carbohydrates.

Of course there was the B&J’s Cherry Garcia. 1 cup is about 56 carbs.

And hell what do you know? I’m counting carbs in my supper showdown.  Last night = 181.8 grams.

Results –

FSB – 112 ↓ down 114 (Normal range 100 – 125 mg/dL)
A1c – 5.37 ≡ 5.37 (Normal range 5.7 – 6.4 %)
eAG – 107.4 ↑ up 107.3 (Normal range 117 – 137 mg/dL)

Tonight I'm going to try something with Chicken Breasts, Eggplant, and Carrots.

Tune in tomorrow to Jim’s Gotta Eat to see the comparison of the results...and the set up a new Supper Showdown.

Food for thought - I am trying to control my diabetes with exercise and food.  I have eliminated all diabetes medication.  I am keeping my weight stable, and Jim's gotta eat.

Enjoy.

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment