Sunday, May 1, 2016

JGE 73 – FBS Down Then Up 5 Points – 4 Rivers Smokehouse and Shrimp Salad

Good Day,

My early blood sugar count increased by 6 points to 103 mg/dL, but believe it or not I am headed in the right direction as compared to my last post on Friday past. My FSB then was 108 mg/dL.

And this past weekend was a variety of different foods on the plate menu; the way that I like it.


From 4 Rivers Smokehouse – Smoked Sausage, Dark Bits, French Fries, Smoked Jalapeños, and Fried Pickles and for dessert a Spotted Cow. But I paced myself and even had a small container of leftovers to take home. My early morning blood sugar the next day had dropped 11 points.



Sunday supper was a Shrimp Salad with Olive Oil and Balsamic Vinegar Dressing. Ingredients – Shrimp; the leftover Smoke Sausage, Cucumber, Celery, Onion, Green Onion, Radishes, Spinach, Salt and Pepper. Dessert, of course, the B&J’s Ice Cream.



Late night snack – Some Zen Mix and a Canada Dry Ginger Ale. There’s the uptick on my numbers, the Ginger Ale – 12 ozs = 33 grams of carbs. My numbers increased this morning by 6 points. And did I say that I cannot abide, like or relish diet soft-drinks. I do not like the after taste or the chemicals.



And overall my A1c and eAG are headed in a downward trend, ever so slowly…but that’s the way I like it.

Results –

FSB – 103 ↓ down 108 (Normal range 100 – 125 mg/dL)
A1c – 5.35 ↓ down 5.36 (Normal range 5.7 – 6.4 %)
eAG – 106.8 ↓ down 107.1 (Normal range 117 – 137 mg/dL)


Tune in tomorrow to Jim’s Gotta Eat to see the comparison of the results...and the set up a new Supper Showdown.

And this morning I am making two new loaves of No-Knead Sourdough Bread: White and Raisin White Wheat.  They're resting and rising right now.

Food for thought - I am trying to control my diabetes with exercise and food.  I have eliminated all diabetes medication.  I am keeping my weight stable, and Jim's gotta eat.

Enjoy.

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment