Monday, May 16, 2016

JGE 80 – FBS Net Up 2 Points – Teriyaki Shrimp and Bok Choy Stir-Fry Plus

Good Day,

It has been 5 days since I wrote up my supper showdown statistics and this morning I recorded a net increase of 2 points to 110 mg/dL; my early morning blood sugar count.



Supper last night was Teriyaki Shrimp and Bok Choy with Roasted Kabocha Squash. A small snack of pretzels…and then I had a late night craving for a Jamaican Patty.


A Jamaican Patty is sort of like an Empanada and sort of like a Beef Pasty and can be substituted for a hamburger.  But here's the carbohydrate comparison: 

Jamaican Beef Patty = 16 grams
Beef Empanada = 28 grams
Beef Pasty = 46 grams
Wendy's Hot 'N Juicy 1/4 lb Single Hamburger = 42 grams

Guess what?  Think I will stick with my Jamaican Beef Patties.

My last night's carb count – Shrimp = 0.9 grams; Baby Bok Choy = 3 grams; Teriyaki Sauce = 11.5 grams; Kabocha Squash = 7 grams; Total ≈ 22.4 grams. ½ cup of Pretzels = 18 grams and 1 Jamaican Patty; 1 beef patty equals 16 carbs.

Total carbohydrate count last night approximates 56.4 grams.

Results –

FSB – 110 ↑ up 108 (Normal range 100 – 125 mg/dL)
A1c – 5.36 ↓ down 5.37 (Normal range 5.7 – 6.4 %)
eAG – 107.2 ↓ down 107.4 (Normal range 117 – 137 mg/dL)

Tune in tomorrow to Jim’s Gotta Eat to see the comparison of the results...and the set up a new Supper Showdown.

Food for thought - I am trying to control my diabetes with exercise and food.  And I suppose the milkshake or extra snacking during the day can cause spikes in my blood sugar counts. I have eliminated all diabetes medication.  I am trying to keep my weight stable.  Controlling my diabetes seems to be a full-time job...and Jim's gotta eat.

Did I ever say that I love food.

Enjoy.

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment