Wednesday, May 11, 2016

JGE 79 – FBS Down 4 Points – Chicken, Chinese Eggplant, Carrot Stir-Fry

Good Day,

Four (4) points down to 108 mg/dL, early morning blood sugar count. Slowly but surely without a spike in either direction. This is good. The supper showdown continues.



Supper last night was Chicken Breast stir-fried with Chinese Eggplant, Baby Bok Choy Tips, Carrots and Garlic. I thought I was going to be making a repeat from the night before but this time the tastes were very, very different.

Carb count – Chicken Breast = 0 grams; Eggplant = 4.8 grams; Carrot = 6 grams; Baby Bok Choy = 1.8 grams; Garlic = 1.8 grams; Sauce = 10.0 grams; Hoshi Maru Udon Noodles = 36 grams; Total ≈ 58.6 grams.



And my B&J’s Karmel Sutra Core; 1 cup is about 64 carbs.

Total carbohydrate count last night approximates 122.6 grams.



Looks like I should be staying away from the B&J but I am weak. Yes I do exercise, continually 6 days a week. Can you imagine what my numbers may be if I didn’t exercise? And I am still not taking any diabetes medications. I’m counting carbs in my supper showdown.

Results –

FSB – 108 ↓ down 112 (Normal range 100 – 125 mg/dL)
A1c – 5.37 ≡ 5.37 (Normal range 5.7 – 6.4 %)
eAG – 107.4 ≡ 107.4 (Normal range 117 – 137 mg/dL)


Tune in tomorrow to Jim’s Gotta Eat to see the comparison of the results...and the set up a new Supper Showdown.

Food for thought - I am trying to control my diabetes with exercise and food.  I have eliminated all diabetes medication.  I am keeping my weight stable, and Jim's gotta eat.

Enjoy.

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment