Tuesday, May 24, 2016

JGE 84 – FBS Increase 18 Points – Crispers’ Reuben Sandwich

Good Day,

This morning I recorded an increase of 18 to 126 mg/dL to my early morning blood sugar count.

Danger, Danger Will Robinson!. Blood sugar above the normal range.

Last night’s supper, (I didn’t cook), was Crispers’ cup of Kickin’ Crab Chowder and a Reuben Sandwich, and a bag of Kettle Chips.



I was frustrated and exhausted. I had to remove two 15+ years growth of golden bamboo clumps from the front yard. An anonymous someone reported an issue of line of sight to the Hillsborough County Code Enforcement Department.

I also had a can of San Pellegrino Blood Orange Soda.  And of course my bowl of ice-cream

Whole Reuben Sandwich. Carb count ≈ 72 grams.

Cup Kickin’ Crab Chowder. Carbs ≈ 17 grams.

Bag of Kettle Chips. Carbs ≈ 17 grams.

Can of San Pellegrino Blood Orange Soda. Carbs ≈ 33 grams.

And of course, Breyers Girl Scouts Samoas Ice Cream. Carbs ≈ 42 grams.

Total carbohydrate count last night approximates 181 grams.

And I love Reuben sandwiches...



Results –

FSB – 126 ↑ up 108 (Normal range 100 – 125 mg/dL)
A1c – 5.37 ↑ up 5.36 (Normal range 5.7 – 6.4 %)
eAG – 107.5 ↑ up 107.2 (Normal range 117 – 137 mg/dL)

Tune in tomorrow to Jim’s Gotta Eat to see the comparison of the results...and the set up a new Supper Showdown.

Food for thought – Exhaustion and frustration should not be a contributing factor for meal choice.

I am trying to control my diabetes with exercise and food. I have eliminated all diabetes medication. I am keeping my weight stable, and Jim's gotta eat.

Enjoy.

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment