Tuesday, May 17, 2016

JGE 81 – FBS Down 2 Points – Phred Over Ate and Flippers Pizza

Good Day,

It's alive!  I over-fed Phred yesterday.

Phred is my sourdough starter, the one I began in about October 2015.

My rule of thumb – In the refrigerator: feed Phred once a week; Out of the refrigerator: feed Phred twice a day. And I usually feed Phred somewhere between ¼ and ½ cup of flour with about the same amount of water.

Well guess what? Phred’s on the kitchen counter and it’s a bubbling. It's gurgling. It's making noises. I overfed Phred. (AB took the photo.)

I use somewhere between ¼ and ½ cup of Phred – sourdough starter, as one of the ingredients in my No-Knead Turbo bread recipes.

And oh yeah, I’m making 2 loaves of bread today.

I decided that I really did not want to cook supper last night. This morning I recorded a decrease of 2 to 108 mg/dL to my early morning blood sugar count.

Supper last night was Caprese Di Arugula and 4 slices from two pizzas: Arugula & Prosciutto and Deluxe from Flippers Pizzeria in Carrollwood. Flippers is one of my two go-to pizzerias, and they deliver.

Caprese Di Arugula – Fresh mozzarella, Roma tomatoes, extra virgin olive oil and fresh basil served on arugula drizzled with Balsamic dressing. Carb count ≈ 7 grams

Arugula & Prosciutto Pizza – Fresh mozzarella, gorgonzola, pine nuts & prosciutto topped with Arugula, extra virgin olive oil, fresh squeezed lemon & asiago. Carb count ≈ 64 grams


Deluxe Pizza – Pepperoni, sweet Italian sausage, green peppers, red onions & mushrooms. Carb count ≈ 28 grams

Total carbohydrate count last night approximates 99 grams.

Results –

FSB – 108 ↓ down 110 (Normal range 100 – 125 mg/dL)
A1c – 5.36 ≡ 5.36 (Normal range 5.7 – 6.4 %)
eAG – 107.1 ↓ down 107.2 (Normal range 117 – 137 mg/dL)

Tune in tomorrow to Jim’s Gotta Eat to see the comparison of the results...and the set up a new Supper Showdown.

Food for thought - I am trying to control my diabetes with exercise and food. I have eliminated all diabetes medication. I am keeping my weight stable, and Jim's gotta eat.

Enjoy.

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment