Saturday, May 28, 2016

JGE 88 – FBS Increase 16 Points – Being Busy But Getting Lazy

Good Day,

This morning I recorded an increase of 16 points to 127 mg/dL to my early morning blood sugar count.

And I did not cycle yesterday. Spent the morning at Circle of Life. It was The Pack’s annual check-up and all-out hyper-morning.

I was more preoccupied with appointments and errands again yesterday. I stopped at my favorite all-you-can-eat-buffet Jai-Ho Royale for a lunch and a supposed early supper. And I pigged out, 6 plates with Chickpea Salad, Chicken Makhani, Tandoori Chicken, Chicken Biryani, Onion Bhaji’s, Indian Okra, Dal, Naan, Basmati Rice…

Chickpea Salad. Carb count ≈ 17 grams.

Chicken Makhani. Carb count ≈ 24 grams.

Tandoori Chicken. Carb count ≈ 2 grams.

Chicken Biryani. Carb count ≈ 81 grams.

Indian Okra. Carb count ≈ 14 grams.

Onion Bhaji. Carb count ≈ 40 grams.


Dal. Carb count ≈ 63 grams.

Naan Flatbread, 6 pieces. Carb count ≈ 114 grams.

Basmati Rice. Carb count ≈ 80 grams.

Total carbohydrate count for lunch approximates 435 grams.

And then later I had my favorite, a Tomato, Mayo and Cheese Sandwich…with a couple of scoops of B&J Phish Food. And a Canada Dry Ginger Ale. Carb count ≈ 164 grams.

Total carb count, somewhere in the vicinity of 567 grams.

Results –

FSB – 127 ↑ up 111 (Normal range 100 – 125 mg/dL)
A1c – 5.36 ≡ 5.36 (Normal range 5.7 – 6.4 %)
eAG – 107.2 ↑ up 107.1 (Normal range 117 – 137 mg/dL)

Tune in tomorrow to Jim’s Gotta Eat to see the comparison of the results...and the set up a new Supper Showdown.

Food for thought – I have to make sure that I cycle/exercise.  Try not to eat too late in the evening. Manage the amount of food that I eat. Do not over eat because my eyes see good food.

I am trying to control my diabetes with exercise and food. I have eliminated all diabetes medication. I am keeping my weight stable, and Jim's gotta eat.

Enjoy.

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment