Thursday, April 28, 2016

JGE 72 – FBS Up 12 Points – Taco Bus and Blood Orange Soda

Good Day,

Well I knew it would be knockdown, so-to-speak, this morning. My early blood sugar count increased by 12 points to 118 mg/dL.

I had a craving last night for supper, something Mexican from Taco Bus. And yes I knew that at any time I have that craving for some Mexican foodstuff I am going to take a hit in the numbers. At Taco Bus I waited for my meal by scarfing down a number of corn chips dipped in hot sauce. I am sure that I must have downed at least 8 ounces at 18 grams of carbs an ounce. That’s 144 grams of carbohydrates, and that was before the main part of the meal.



My supper was a 10” Quesadilla stuffed with Scrambled Egg and Chorizo, topped with Guacamole, Sour Cream, and Pico de Gallo. I’m trying to figure out what 1 quesadilla serving (37.2 grams of carbs) is as compared to the large 10” one that I ate. And of course there were the sides of Mexican Rice and Fried Beans.



And when I got home I decided to have a San Pellegrino Blood Orange Sparkling Beverage. Carb count – 33 grams.

Guess what? I lost the supper battle last night. But would I repeat the Taco Bus supper? Hell yes.





Results –

FSB – 118 ↑ up 106 (Normal range 100 – 125 mg/dL)
A1c – 5.36 ≡ no change 5.36 (Normal range 5.7 – 6.4 %)
eAG – 107.2 ≡ no change 107.2 (Normal range 117 – 137 mg/dL)

Tune in tomorrow to Jim’s Gotta Eat to see the comparison of the results...and the set up a new Supper Showdown.

Food for thought - I am trying to control my diabetes with exercise and food.  I have eliminated all diabetes medication.  I am keeping my weight stable, and Jim's gotta eat.

Enjoy.

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment