Friday, April 22, 2016

JGE 67 – FBS Down Another 7 Points – Grab and Eat

Good Day,


Yesterday was volunteer day and so it was my grab and eat day.

On my seize and go menu was Jerk Chicken, Boiled Cabbage and Carrots, a Chicken Salad sandwich, a bowl of Shrimp Ramen, a Dark Chocolate Bar, a bowl of B&J Cherries Garcia ice cream, and a helping of Archer Zen Party snacks.




Drum roll please -

I didn’t overdo it, and my results were good. My early morning blood sugar count dropped 7 points to 88 mg/dL.

It bloody hard to follow the Diabetes nutritionist’s suggestion of 6 small meals a day any day of the week, but reading the above was sort of a follow through.

Tonight’s supper Sake-Steamed Chicken and Kabocha Squash. I’ve got a couple of types of steamers but this recipe calls for a twist on the steaming process that I have never tried.

Results –

FSB – 88 ↓ down 95 (Normal range 100 – 125 mg/dL)
A1c – 5.36 ↓ down 5.37 (Normal range 5.7 – 6.4 %)
eAG – 107.1 ↓ down 107.3 (Normal range 117 – 137 mg/dL)

Tune in tomorrow to Jim’s Gotta Eat to see the comparison of the results...and the set up a new Supper Showdown.

Food for thought - I am trying to control my diabetes with exercise and food.  I have eliminated all diabetes medication.  I am keeping my weight stable, and Jim's gotta eat.

Enjoy.

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment