Thursday, April 7, 2016

JGE 53 – Slightly Lower and that is Positive – Miracle Noodles Reduces FBS By 2 Points

Good Day,

Spaghetti with Meat Sauce, fresh Bread, and Sourdough Bread Pudding, and then a snack of Crackers with Homemade Hummus dropped 2 points on my early morning blood sugar take. My FBS is 96 mg/dL.



Thought I would try something completely new last night – Miracle Noodle: Angel Hair.


I’m not sure why these things come in 7 oz. packages, but I followed the suggested rules of preparation. The Miracle Noodles actually remind me of my earlier, much earlier biology classes and the things, albeit specimens that were preserved in formaldehyde.




I cut opened 2 packages and drained and rinsed them. There was a faint fishy odor… and that seemed to dissipate the more that I rinsed them. I was surprised at the consistency of the Miracle Noodles. I would have thought them to be ever so delicate but they did seem to hold up quite well to the rinsing and squeezing. I then threw them into a pot of boiling water for about 3 minutes.




Again I drained them and then tossed them into a regular hot frying pan, without any oil or lubricant. The suggestion is to fry them to dry them out completely. It worked…and to my surprise they didn’t stick to the frying pan.



Next I created a Meat Sauce – ½ lb. Ground Beef; 2 small Onions; ½ a Green Pepper; 1 14 oz. can of Tomatoes; ¼ cup Red Wine; Basil-Flavored Olive Oil; 1 tbsp. Italian Seasoning; 3 cloves Garlic; freshly ground Pepper. After about 30 minutes I tossed in the Miracle Noodles – Angel Hair.  And then Parmesan Cheese.




Result – Passable… Was expecting some sort of after taste. There wasn’t. Was expecting some grim gelatinous concoction. Nope. Not bad. But I’m definitely glad I have strong teeth and I had a reasonable capable knife.

And my FSB this morning dropped 2 more points. I can’t complain…but I will really have to think about what fitting recipe will be appropriate for the Miracle Noodles – Rice and Linguine.

My calculated A1c is at 5.37 (down 0.01) and the eAG at 107.4 (down 0.2). Gotta work to bring those down again. At January 1 they registered at 5.24 and 103.8, respectively.

Tune in tomorrow to Jim’s Gotta Eat to see the comparison of the results...and the set up a new Supper Showdown.  Tonight is take-out from Whole Foods.

Food for thought - I am trying to control my diabetes with exercise and food.  I have eliminated all diabetes medication.  I am keeping my weight stable, and Jim's gotta eat. Enjoy.

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment