Thursday, April 21, 2016

JGE 66 – FBS Down by 20 Points – Jai Ho Royale and Watercress Salad

Good Day,

It’s a knockdown this morning. My early morning blood sugar count dropped 20 points to 95 mg/dL.

Decided to have lunch at Jai Ho Royale on Fowler Avenue, and after four plates I figured that I would have a light supper of leftover Watercress and Cucumber and Radish Salad at home.

Whenever I have a craving for south Indian food and after I have pedaled it is much easier than spending the time in the kitchen fixing up all the different types of dishes that I know that I can get at Jai Ho Royale.

Sometimes a buffet can cause me to go into a food tail-spin, but not this time. I know that I could have had at least two more plates full. I was satiated and satisfied.



From I what can recollect, there was a Fresh Salad, Naan, Chicken Biryani, Dhal, Chicken Tikka Masala, Vegetable Goan Curry, Fried Eggplant, Tandoori Chicken, Chicken Tikka Masala, Goat Curry, Pakoras, Butter Chicken. And yes I always try everything.

Results –

FSB – 95 ↓ down 115
A1c – 5.37 ≡ no change 5.37
eAG – 107.3 ≡ no change 107.3

Tune in tomorrow to Jim’s Gotta Eat to see the comparison of the results...and the set up a new Supper Showdown.

Food for thought - I am trying to control my diabetes with exercise and food.  I have eliminated all diabetes medication.  I am keeping my weight stable, and Jim's gotta eat. Enjoy.

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment