Wednesday, April 27, 2016

JGE 71 – FBS Down 4 Points – Shrimp and Gnocchi and Shepherd’s Pie

Good Day,

This morning's early blood sugar count reduced by a net of 4 points to 106 mg/dL.

I didn’t post yesterday’s showdown numbers. I was “captivated” by completing our communities’ quarterly newsletter.

Supper the night before last was Shrimp and Peas and Gnocchi. An excellent quick fix, and ever so flavorful. Yesterday morning’s FSB registered down by 8 points at 102 mg/dL.



For supper last night we decided to try Carrollwood’s newly opened Maloney’s Local Irish Pub. My fare included sharing The Local Sampler and the Tuesday Special Shepherd’s Pie.

I ordered a Dirty 3-Olive Martini. I like vodka martinis and usually have them with cocktail onions; obviously there are minimal carbs. But I thought I would be adventurous. I like olives, but I do NOT like sipping or drinking the brine from the jar of olives. Period. I do NOT like dirty martinis.

And I had to try a dessert – Black and Tan Sundae. My early morning blood sugar went up, of course, but only by 4 points to 106 mg/dL.

My net count was a slight drop by 4 points.

2-Day Results –

FSB – 106 ↓ down 110 (Normal range 100 – 125 mg/dL)
A1c – 5.36 ↓ down 5.37 (Normal range 5.7 – 6.4 %)
eAG – 107.2 ↓ down 107.5 (Normal range 117 – 137 mg/dL)


Tune in tomorrow to Jim’s Gotta Eat to see the comparison of the results...and the set up a new Supper Showdown.

Food for thought - I am trying to control my diabetes with exercise and food.  I have eliminated all diabetes medication.  I am keeping my weight stable, and Jim's gotta eat.

Enjoy.

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment