Thursday, April 14, 2016

JGE 59 – Don’t Pig Out - FBS Up By 1 Point – Too Many Rolls

Good Day,

My early yesterday morning blood sugar recorded up 1 point to 125 mg/dL.

I was frustrated last night; issue with a business institution and just didn’t feel like cooking. Decided to head to Saki – All You Can Eat Sushi and Hibachi. Not a good plan when I’m in the midst of a supper battle. And yes, I had 10 rolls. 10 rolls equal about 80 pieces. Just think of all that Sushi rice. I would quesstimate about 3 cups.

Did I ever mention that I love Sushi; rolls and Nigiri? Looks like a should have restricted myself to Sashimi.

1 Cup Sushi Rice


From CalorieKing.com 1 cup of Sushi rice contains 65.9 grams of carbohydrates. My calculations, I had about 197.7 g last night.

Smith, 1 point is not bad in this, your supper battle but I’m headed in the wrong direction. Well I did stay the ice-cream and snacks later that night.

Actually we had a power outage for about 3 hours as TECO replaced the power transformer which includes source power to our house.  And I did not want to open the freezer.

My calculated A1c is at 5.36 (up 1) and the eAG at 107.1 (up 2). Gotta work to bring those down again. At January 1 they registered at 5.24 and 103.8, respectively.

Not sure what I’m making what I’m making for supper, but please be assured I’m not going to starve.

Tune in tomorrow to Jim’s Gotta Eat to see the comparison of the results...and the set up a new Supper Showdown.

Food for thought - I am trying to control my diabetes with exercise and food.  I have eliminated all diabetes medication.  I am keeping my weight stable, and Jim's gotta eat. Enjoy.

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment