Tuesday, April 12, 2016

JGE 57 – I Screwed UP - FBS Up By 26 Points – It Was The Pretzels

Good Day,

I screwed up, royally. The night before last at about 10:00 pm, an hour beyond my eating cut-off time, I grabbed the bag of Rold Gold Tiny Twist Pretzels from on top of the refrigerator.

I just could not stop eating; I sort of had a salt craving. 17 pretzels equal 23 grams of carbs… I didn’t stop at 17. I am sure that I wolfed down at least about 4-times single serving size, somewhere in the vicinity of 68 pretzels. My quick calculation approximates 92 grams of carbs.

And so I knocked myself out in my supper plus battle to reduce my FSB. My early yesterday morning blood sugar recorded up 26 points to 112 mg/dL. This morning’s FSB was down 1 point to 111.


Supper two nights ago was an “almost there” trial, and possibly error, at home – Deconstructed Stuffed Cabbage Rolls. I love Stuffed Cabbage, but just could not bring myself to spend the time to do what I would have to do to create all the rolled up Gołąbki or “pigeons”.   And yes the Deconstructed Stuffed Cabbage Rolls is a meal worth repeating.

Last night’s supper was leftover Shrimp Carbonara and fresh Romaine Salad. I supposed I could have avoided the early evening snack of Spicy Chicharrónes and Mexican Coca-Cola, but I have to have a Mexican Coke with a bag of Chicharrónes.

And I've got to keep repeating to myself "No more late evening snacks" "No more late night snacks"...

excepting the Cocktail Onions.

My calculated A1c is at 5.35 (no movement) and the eAG at 106.8 (down 1). Gotta work to bring those down again. At January 1 they registered at 5.24 and 103.8, respectively.

Tune in tomorrow to Jim’s Gotta Eat to see the comparison of the results...and the set up a new Supper Showdown.  I believe I am going to try a General Tso's Chick with Brussels Sprouts.

Food for thought - I am trying to control my diabetes with exercise and food.  I have eliminated all diabetes medication.  I am keeping my weight stable, and Jim's gotta eat. Enjoy.

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment