Saturday, April 23, 2016

JGE 68 – FBS Up 24 Points – I Had A Craving For A Hot Dog

Good Day,

I was lazy last night. I had a craving for a hot dog for supper, and of course the one place that came to mind was Mel’s Hot Dogs on Busch Blvd. Mel’s has been a Tampa establishment for 43 years.   I really do like Mel's.

My order – Bratwurst Basket, with Fries and Coleslaw, and a Mighty Mel Hot Dog. And of course I had to have a bowl of B&J’s Double Fudge Brownie ice cream when I got home.

My early morning blood sugar count increased 24 points to 112 mg/dL. I’m still in what may appear to be in the normal range.

And I'm still NOT taking any diabetes medication.  And yes I am exercising regularly; check out Jim's Trek.

Okay, okay I have to make tonight’s supper Sake-Steamed Chicken and Kabocha Squash. I’ve got a couple of types of steamers but this recipe calls for a twist on the steaming process that I have never tried.

Results –

FSB – 112 ↑ up 88 (Normal range 100 – 125 mg/dL)
A1c – 5.37 ↑ up 5.36 (Normal range 5.7 – 6.4 %)
eAG – 107.3 ↑ up 107.1 (Normal range 117 – 137 mg/dL)

Tune in tomorrow to Jim’s Gotta Eat to see the comparison of the results...and the set up a new Supper Showdown.

Food for thought - I am trying to control my diabetes with exercise and food.  I have eliminated all diabetes medication.  I am keeping my weight stable, and Jim's gotta eat. Enjoy.

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment