Sunday, April 24, 2016

JGE 69 – FBS Up 12 Points – Had To Have Been The Ginger Ale and Pretzels

Good Day,

I had a craving for a late night Canada Dry Ginger Ale and a bowl of pretzels. Chalk up 101 grams of carbs.

My early morning blood sugar count increased 12 points to 124 mg/dL. I’m still just hanging in the normal range.





Last night’s supper Sake-Steamed Chicken and Kabocha Squash, Fried Rice, Sesame Oil Carrots. The nice thing about the Kabocha Squash is that I do not have to peel it and the skin is edible.




I used the bamboo steamer. And of course B&J Cherry Garcia Ice Cream.



Lunch was a couple of slices of homemade, fresh from the oven; the Bauermbrot with some White Cheddar Cheese.



You can see the basic No-Knead Bread recipe that I use on my Jim's Gotta Eat blog. This is the 24 hour version.

I also use the Turbo version from this guy Steve I found on YouTube.

I've started combining the two versions and I make my own Sourdough Starter. For the Bauermbrot I add about 1/2 cup of the sourdough starter and 1 teaspoon yeast.

And then I just substitute and add ingredients as I think that I would like to try.

A friend sent me the link to the Bauernbrot recipe and I just sort of substituted and adjusted it with the top two mentioned.

The bread was great.

Results –

FSB – 124 ↑ up 112 (Normal range 100 – 125 mg/dL)
A1c – 5.37 ≡ 5.37 (Normal range 5.7 – 6.4 %)
eAG – 107.4 ↑ up 107.3 (Normal range 117 – 137 mg/dL)

Tune in tomorrow to Jim’s Gotta Eat to see the comparison of the results...and the set up a new Supper Showdown.

Food for thought - I am trying to control my diabetes with exercise and food.  I have eliminated all diabetes medication.  I am keeping my weight stable, and Jim's gotta eat.

Enjoy.

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment