Friday, April 15, 2016

JGE 60 – A Little Bit of This, A Little Bit of That - FBS Down By 5 Points

Good Day,

My early yesterday morning blood sugar recorded down 5 points to 120 mg/dL.  That's a positive.  Supper was a little bit of this and a little bit of that.

At Daily Health Remedies I just read the “8 Poisonous Foods We Commonly Eat”.

First of all please take note that I always read articles with an open mind, but I am leery at times when there is a possible blatant typo in the headline and in the opening paragraph. The article title states “8 Poisonous Foods

"Would you be surprised to learn some of the foods you eat are poisonous? They are even lurking in your every day food supply. Here is a list of 8 common foods with hidden poisons you should know about. Find out how to keep yourself and your family safe by avoiding these potential dangers."

and then it goes on to list and explain 18. I understand about trying to “grab” the reader, but in this case the title is somewhat misleading.

There is no directly named author of the article. The article is attributed to someone called “Staff Writer” and who is described as “Our staff writers have expertise in a wide variety of areas. Each article that they write is thoroughly researched.” One would think that, as a writer, they, s/he did learn how to check for typos.

The list is as follows

  1. Lima Beans
  2. Rhubarb
  3. Various Types of Mushrooms
  4. Kidney Beans
  5. Apple Seeds
  6. Potatoes
  7. Cashews
  8. Chilies
  9. Almonds
  10. Castor Beans
  11. Tomatoes
  12. Cassava
  13. Raw Honey
  14. Nutmeg
  15. Cherry Seeds
  16. Eggs
  17. Oysters
  18. Chicken

And I have eaten and used as an ingredient almost all of these 18. I'm still here.

When it comes to food information on the Internet, readers beware.

What am I going to have for supper tonight? I know there are a couple of bunches of Watercress and a small bag of Bean Sprouts in the refrigerator. And there are a couple of frozen Chicken Breasts in the freezer. This is what I do like about cooking. (One would never guess that my only go-to food show on television is Chopped.)



Maybe on the menu for tonight is Asian Salad Chicken Soup.

My calculated A1c is at 5.36 (no change) and the eAG at 107.2 (up 0.1). I’m gotta bring those down again. At January 1 they registered at 5.24 and 103.8, respectively.

Tune in tomorrow to Jim’s Gotta Eat to see the comparison of the results...and the set up a new Supper Showdown.

Food for thought - I am trying to control my diabetes with exercise and food.  I have eliminated all diabetes medication.  I am keeping my weight stable, and Jim's gotta eat. Enjoy.

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment