Tuesday, April 5, 2016

JGE 51 – Another Drop – Shrimp Carbonara Reduces FBS By 7 Points

Good Day,

Last night’s supper dropped 7 points to my early morning blood sugar take. My FBS is 104 mg/dL.

Menu was a good, not necessarily great, Shrimp Carbonara and Sourdough Bread Pudding. I can be my own critic, and don’t get me wrong I did have a double helping of the Shrimp Carbonara. The question is whether the last two suppers are actually the cause of the loss of a combined 29 points over two days? Not sure.

Here are some images of last night’s supper –






My calculated A1c is at 5.38 (down 0.01) and the eAG at 107.8 (down 0.1). Gotta work to bring those down again. At January 1 they registered at 5.24 and 103.8, respectively.

And today I try to make a new version of Sourdough Bread… Fred, that’s my starter has been prepped and has been fed three times. This time I’ve got to knead the dough for 20 minutes, and there is a longer time proofing. Will see what happens. Oh yeah, I think this will be Loaf #111.

Tonight's supper more than likely leftovers, gonna try a Frittata di pasta with leftover pasta, of course...and Sourdough Bread Pudding.  Tune in tomorrow to Jim’s Gotta Eat to see the comparison of the results...and the set up a new Supper Showdown.

Food for thought - I am trying to control my diabetes with exercise and food.  I have eliminated all diabetes medication.  I am keeping my weight stable, and Jim's gotta eat. Enjoy.

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment