Wednesday, April 13, 2016

JGE 58 – Now I Am Confused - FBS Up By 13 Points – It Wasn’t The Beans

Good Day,

My early yesterday morning blood sugar recorded up 13 points to 124 mg/dL.

Lunch was a Gyro and a small Greek Salad and a S‘mores Blizzard. Supper last night was a creation of White Kidney Beans and Chickpeas and 2 scoops of Rum Raisin ice cream.



From “What You Should Know About Diabetes and Beans” HealthLine, James Roland, May 22, 2015

Okay, okay I can see the residual effects of the Blizzard and the 2 scoops of Ice Cream. Medium S’mores Blizzard has 184 carbs. And I had 2 cups of the Beans…

Smith, use your head, but it was so, so good.

My calculated A1c is at 5.35 (no movement) and the eAG at 106.9 (up 1). Gotta work to bring those down again. At January 1 they registered at 5.24 and 103.8, respectively.

Not sure what I’m making what I’m making for supper, but please be assured I’m not going to starve.

Tune in tomorrow to Jim’s Gotta Eat to see the comparison of the results...and the set up a new Supper Showdown.

Food for thought - I am trying to control my diabetes with exercise and food.  I have eliminated all diabetes medication.  I am keeping my weight stable, and Jim's gotta eat. Enjoy.

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment