Saturday, April 9, 2016

JGE 55 – Decreased FBS By 10 Points – Slow Cooker Beef Stew.

Good Day,

The Supper battle wages on. Last night it was leftover Slow Cooker Beef Stew, and I had two helpings. Obviously there seems to be something to taking the battle to the home front. In this short spell it looks like if I eat at home, and I eat homemade meals, there is a downward trend in my early morning blood sugar counts.

I ate my beef stew down too fast without taking an image, but here is a close facsimile I found.



My early morning blood sugar count decreased 10 points. My FBS is 92 mg/dL.

It looks like if I do not prepare my own meals I do not have control over how it is prepared. Luckily I do like to cook. I’m not a chef but I can say that I like to eat my own food.

Does this mean that eating out of my home is necessarily a negative thing?

I do know that I seem to have larger eyes when I am at a restaurant, because I do like to try various and different meals and foods that have been prepared in such a way that I know that I would never prepare them at home. And I truly do not see a problem with this.  It just is that if it seems that when I eat out I do tend to eat more.

My calculated A1c is at 5.36 (down 0.01) and the eAG at 107.3 (down 0.2). Gotta work to bring those down again. At January 1 they registered at 5.24 and 103.8, respectively.

Stopped at WOW for lunch today – 2 Hot Dogs, Fries, and a Chocolate Shake. For supper I felt that I would like to have packaged Sushi from the Fresh Market.

Check in tomorrow to see how these will affect my early morning blood sugar battle. Will my numbers go up? Or will they go down?

Tune in tomorrow to Jim’s Gotta Eat to see the comparison of the results...and the set up a new Supper Showdown.

Food for thought - I am trying to control my diabetes with exercise and food.  I have eliminated all diabetes medication.  I am keeping my weight stable, and Jim's gotta eat. Enjoy.

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment